Printer friendly page Printer friendly page
Home » Departments » Public Works » Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Who do I call if my water is leaking?

Call Salt Lake City Public Utilities at (801) 483-6700.


How do I report that a street light is out?

Contact Rocky Mountain Power, or visit their website to fill out an online outage form.  You can also fill out a complaint on our website homepage.


What are the city's public works construction standards?

Cottonwood Heights uses the latest edition of APWA standards.


What are your office hours?

The city offices are open Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and on Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.


Which city councilperson represents me?

Please see the district map.


How do I report a pothole, a problem in the road, or a damaged street sign?

You can call the public works department during business hours at 801-944-7090.  After hours, please call 801-562-6418 or lodge a complaint on our website homepage.


What is the process for petitioning the city to remove an unwarranted stop sign?

Read our Stop Sign Removal Policy.


Who takes care of waste removal?

Cottonwood Heights is a member of the Wasatch Front Waste and Recycling District. For a list of available services and contact information, please see their website.