Current City Projects
2015 Scheduled Projects
The city has several projects planned for the upcoming summer months. Here are just a few projects residents can expect to see in progress soon.
1. Construction on a new park-and-ride along Fort Union Boulevard at approximately 3600 East will continue in the spring, with installation of the lighting and construction of a ramp leading from the trail to the parking lot at the mouth of the canyon.
2. Fort Union/Highland Drive intersection widening project: This project is in design stages now. A bid date and construction schedule are still TBD. This project will include the relocation of power poles to accommodate dual left turn lanes in all directions.
3. Bengal Boulevard overlay and roadway reconstruction will start this year as well. Many sections of Bengal Boulevard have deteriorating and failing asphalt. We are working on plans to restore the life of this roadway which will also include some roadside improvements.
4. A “HAWK” crosswalk signal is scheduled for installation in front of Mountview Park along Ft. Union Blvd. to increase the safety of pedestrians.
5. The city will be doing overlays and other “Road Treatments” in the summer and fall months to help prolong the life and improve the quality of city streets. Some traffic delays should be expected.
Thanks for your patience.
The public works department is proud of the opportunity to upgrade and maintain this city. We are committed to completing each project as quickly and conveniently as possible. But more importantly, we will make every effort to ensure your safety during these construction activities. Please help us by slowing down or possibly avoiding areas that have traffic control measures in place. As the orange season begins, help us watch out for those hard-working people dressed in orange!