GRAPHIC DESIGN SERVICES
Cottonwood Heights, Utah is a Utah municipality that is located in the southeast quadrant of Salt Lake County and is bounded by approximately 1300 East on the West, approximately 3800 East on the East, I-215 on the North and approximately 8200 South on the South. The City has about 33,500 residents residing in approximately separate 13,200 households.
Description of Services: Cottonwood Heights is accepting submissions for graphic designer services. The City is looking for a talented and experienced designer that is skilled and creative in producing a variety of graphic arts materials for diverse projects and events. The major component of this service will be the layout and design of the monthly Cottonwood Heights newsletter. This person will also work with various staff members and committee members to produce graphic material specific to city events.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Creativity, flexibility, attention to deal; deadline-oriented; working closely with staff members, printing services contractors and city committees; good knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
Proposal Requirements: Responses to this request for services are required to be submitted to Linda W. Dunlavy, Deputy City Manager, at 1265 E Fort Union Blvd, Suite 250, Cottonwood Heights, UT 84047 no later than 4:00 p.m. on 18 April 2014. No late responses will be accepted. Each submission must include the following:
Price: The proposed hourly rate for services.
Qualification and Relevant Experience: Describe, in sufficient detail, qualifications and experience with similar projects. Provide references and contact information.
Portfolio: Provide a portfolio of past work which gives a representation of abilities and skill level.
Evaluation Criteria and Selection Process: Proposals submitted in response to this request will be reviewed and ranked by a selection committee on the basis of hourly fee, qualifications and relevant experience, and references.
The city of Cottonwood Heights always takes applications for crossing guards. If you are interested in working as a crossing guard, please fill out the employment application and submit it. It will be kept on file until a position opens up.
Under the supervision of the Crossing Guard Coordinator; guards school crossings during hours when children are going to or coming from school.
No supervision exercised.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains a sense of responsibility for the safety of students and others utilizing the assigned crossing.
• Directs actions of children and traffic at street intersections and cross walks to ensure safe crossing.
• Escorts children across street.
• Unlocks and activates visual school crossing warning devices.
• Place traffic cones at designated points before going on duty and remove signs at end of shift.
• Communicates professional and effectively with students, parents and others.
• Communicates concerns about developing safety hazards to supervisor.
Job Related Qualifications:
• Must be 21 years of age.
• Must have correctable eyesight of at least 20/40 in both eyes.
• Field of Vision of 70° in the horizontal meridian in each eye.
• Good visual depth perception.
• The ability to recognize the colors of traffic signals and devices showing standard red, green, and amber NOTE: Individuals determined to be color blind will be restricted to crossing intersections without traffic lights.
• Does not have an average hearing loss in the better ear greater than 40 decibels at 500 Hz, 1,000 Hz, and 2,000 Hz with yr without a hearing aid.
• Must be available during school hours.
Work performed during all types of weather conditions. Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently. Physical demands are in excess of those for sedentary work. Requires walking or standing to a significant degree.