Economic Development Intern
Position: Part-Time Non-Benefited Intern
Department: Community and Economic Development
Supervisor: Community and Economic Development Director
Salary: $10.00 per hour
Opening Date: December 5, 2014
Closing Date: December 14, 2014 @ 5:00 p.m.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES MUST COMPLETE AND SUBMIT A COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS APPLICATION AND CURRENT RESUME ELECTRONICALLY BY THE LISTED DEADLINE
Cottonwood Heights is accepting applications for a knowledgeable and responsible student to become an Economic Development Intern in our Community and Economic Development Department, working up to 19 hours per week. The successful applicant will be professional, possess a desire to learn and have an entrepreneurial mind. The Cottonwood Heights’ internship program is geared toward college students seeking to supplement their academic training, and expand their professional knowledge and skills in the community and economic development field. This internship will allow the student to gain experience in a municipal government setting.
Under the supervision of the Community and Economic Development Director, performs entry level professional economic and business development duties. The Intern will assist in city-wide business outreach, preparation of brochures, report and other written information; gather data on businesses and target industries in the city; coordinate business visits; and handle various other duties and activities as assigned.
The Economic Development Intern is a temporary, part-time, non-benefitted position in the Community and Economic Development Department with a flexible schedule. Current enrollment in college is required. Current or previous study in business, planning, or a related field is required. Experience using Adobe Creative Suites is highly desired.
Employment applications are available at www.ch.utah.gov. A complete job description accompanies the application on the City’s website.
Cottonwood Heights is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pre-employment drug testing and background check required.
The closing date may be extended by the city, or the application process re-commenced,
upon the city's determination that the pool of applicants received by the original closing
date is unacceptable in terms of quality and/or quantity, and that such an extension may
increase the pool of qualified applicants to be considered by the city.
Full Job Description
The city of Cottonwood Heights always takes applications for crossing guards. If you are interested in working as a crossing guard, please fill out the employment application and submit it. It will be kept on file until a position opens up.
Under the supervision of the Crossing Guard Coordinator; guards school crossings during hours when children are going to or coming from school.
No supervision exercised.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains a sense of responsibility for the safety of students and others utilizing the assigned crossing.
• Directs actions of children and traffic at street intersections and cross walks to ensure safe crossing.
• Escorts children across street.
• Unlocks and activates visual school crossing warning devices.
• Place traffic cones at designated points before going on duty and remove signs at end of shift.
• Communicates professional and effectively with students, parents and others.
• Communicates concerns about developing safety hazards to supervisor.
Job Related Qualifications:
• Must be 21 years of age.
• Must have correctable eyesight of at least 20/40 in both eyes.
• Field of Vision of 70° in the horizontal meridian in each eye.
• Good visual depth perception.
• The ability to recognize the colors of traffic signals and devices showing standard red, green, and amber NOTE: Individuals determined to be color blind will be restricted to crossing intersections without traffic lights.
• Does not have an average hearing loss in the better ear greater than 40 decibels at 500 Hz, 1,000 Hz, and 2,000 Hz with yr without a hearing aid.
• Must be available during school hours.
Work performed during all types of weather conditions. Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently. Physical demands are in excess of those for sedentary work. Requires walking or standing to a significant degree.
The Valley Emergency Communications Center (VECC) is hiring a Communications Officer and a Technical Services Technician I.