Arts Council Production Manager
Position is 10-19 hours per week and is non-benefitted
SALARY: $12.00 PER HOUR
CLOSING DATE: September 3, 2014 @ 5:00 p.m.
If you meet the following requirements, you may submit your application no later than Wednesday, September 3, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. Employment applications are available at www.cottonwoodheights.utah.gov. Applicants must submit a completed city application electronically, and include a personal resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Under the general supervision of the Deputy City Manager, and in cooperation with the Arts Council chair, performs a variety of technical, clerical, production and general administrative duties as needed to expedite and coordinate the development, planning, promotion and presentation of Arts Council events and programs, including producing the annual Arts Council play. A complete job description available on the City’s website.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited college with an Associate’s degree in business, marketing, or a similar field; or two years of responsible experience related to the essential functions of this position; or a combination of education and experience is necessary.
Possession of a valid Utah Driver’s License and clean driving record
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Familiar with roles and responsibilities of an Arts Council; and experience producing a play is preferred.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED ELECTRONICALLY
The closing date may be extended by the city, or the application process re-commenced,
upon the city's determination that the pool of applicants received by the original closing
date is unacceptable in terms of quality and/or quantity, and that such an extension may
increase the pool of qualified applicants to be considered by the city.
COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The city of Cottonwood Heights adheres to the standards set forth in the Americans with Disabilities Act and does not discriminate against people with disabilities in its actions, decisions, policies or practices. The city of Cottonwood Heights does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability or any other non-merit factors in its hiring and employment actions, decisions, policies and practices.
COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION
The city of Cottonwood Heights always takes applications for crossing guards. If you are interested in working as a crossing guard, please fill out the employment application and submit it. It will be kept on file until a position opens up.
Under the supervision of the Crossing Guard Coordinator; guards school crossings during hours when children are going to or coming from school.
No supervision exercised.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains a sense of responsibility for the safety of students and others utilizing the assigned crossing.
• Directs actions of children and traffic at street intersections and cross walks to ensure safe crossing.
• Escorts children across street.
• Unlocks and activates visual school crossing warning devices.
• Place traffic cones at designated points before going on duty and remove signs at end of shift.
• Communicates professional and effectively with students, parents and others.
• Communicates concerns about developing safety hazards to supervisor.
Job Related Qualifications:
• Must be 21 years of age.
• Must have correctable eyesight of at least 20/40 in both eyes.
• Field of Vision of 70° in the horizontal meridian in each eye.
• Good visual depth perception.
• The ability to recognize the colors of traffic signals and devices showing standard red, green, and amber NOTE: Individuals determined to be color blind will be restricted to crossing intersections without traffic lights.
• Does not have an average hearing loss in the better ear greater than 40 decibels at 500 Hz, 1,000 Hz, and 2,000 Hz with yr without a hearing aid.
• Must be available during school hours.
Work performed during all types of weather conditions. Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently. Physical demands are in excess of those for sedentary work. Requires walking or standing to a significant degree.