Public Relations Specialist
ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS ONLY
CLOSING DATE: July 18, 2014 @ 5:00 p.m. NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
SALARY: $18.6293 – $26.7201/hourly
STATUS: Full time
DEPARTMENT: Administrative Services
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Deputy City Manager this position provides a variety of administrative support duties related to coordinating and facilitating the dissemination of information to the public through print, social media, broadcast media and other communications methods; publicizes and promotes public awareness and participation in the city’s formal communication and community involvement in events, projects and programs.
This job is 40 hours per week working 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. A majority of the hours will be spent in the office; however, there are times that this person will be required to work at night and on weekends.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, public relations, marketing or a related field; and three (3) years of experience performing above or closely related duties. Municipal experience is preferred.
Employment applications are available at www.ch.utah.gov or from the City Office at 1265 East Fort Union Blvd., Cottonwood Heights, UT. Any questions should be directed to email@example.com or at 801-944-7022.
NOTE: Cottonwood Heights will provide reasonable accommodations for any applicant during the selection process. If you have special needs, please call 801-944-7021.
The closing date may be extended by the city, or the application process re-commenced,
upon the city's determination that the pool of applicants received by the original closing
date is unacceptable in terms of quality and/or quantity, and that such an extension may
increase the pool of qualified applicants to be considered by the city.
Cottonwood Heights is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pre-employment drug testing required.
COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION
The city of Cottonwood Heights always takes applications for crossing guards. If you are interested in working as a crossing guard, please fill out the employment application and submit it. It will be kept on file until a position opens up.
Under the supervision of the Crossing Guard Coordinator; guards school crossings during hours when children are going to or coming from school.
No supervision exercised.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains a sense of responsibility for the safety of students and others utilizing the assigned crossing.
• Directs actions of children and traffic at street intersections and cross walks to ensure safe crossing.
• Escorts children across street.
• Unlocks and activates visual school crossing warning devices.
• Place traffic cones at designated points before going on duty and remove signs at end of shift.
• Communicates professional and effectively with students, parents and others.
• Communicates concerns about developing safety hazards to supervisor.
Job Related Qualifications:
• Must be 21 years of age.
• Must have correctable eyesight of at least 20/40 in both eyes.
• Field of Vision of 70° in the horizontal meridian in each eye.
• Good visual depth perception.
• The ability to recognize the colors of traffic signals and devices showing standard red, green, and amber NOTE: Individuals determined to be color blind will be restricted to crossing intersections without traffic lights.
• Does not have an average hearing loss in the better ear greater than 40 decibels at 500 Hz, 1,000 Hz, and 2,000 Hz with yr without a hearing aid.
• Must be available during school hours.
Work performed during all types of weather conditions. Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently. Physical demands are in excess of those for sedentary work. Requires walking or standing to a significant degree.