UDOT plans to perform maintenance on six bridges on I-215 near Knudsen Corner in Cottonwood Heights/Holladay area as well as the 700 East bridge over I-215 in Midvale.
Construction began in early August, and will continue through January 2017.
This project will preserve Utah's bridge infrastructure by applying cost effective treatments before major rehabilitation is required.
Surrounding residents and businesses can expect traffic restrictions, construction equipment and vehicles in the area, and an increase in noise, dust and vibration.
You can find out more about the project at http://udot.utah.gov/215renewed
I-215; one mile north and south of the 6200 South (Exit 6)
- Crews will begin striping the southbound lanes of I-215 as early as Sunday, December 18 and are expected to continue through late next week.
- The southbound traffic will be restricted to one lane as early as Sunday, December 18 at 8 A.M. and are expected to continue through 6 P.M. that same evening.
- Once those lanes have re-opened, the southbound lanes will then be restricted to two lanes as early as Sunday, December 18 at 6 P.M. and are expected to continue through Monday, December 19 at 8 A.M.
- Speeds have been reduced in this area. Please follow the posted speed limit as fines double for speeding in the construction zone.
- Motorists are encouraged to plan ahead, and be alert when traveling through the construction zone.
Southbound/westbound on-ramp at the 6200 South exit and northbound/eastbound on-ramp at the 6200 South exit (Exit 6)
- Crews have completed the northbound on and off ramps that are now open and fully accessible to motorists.
- The southbound off ramp is currently in a temporary configuration. Please use caution and be alert when exiting I-215.
- The southbound on ramp is currently reduced to one lane and expected to continue through December 23
For information on the barrier installation taking place along this project corridor, please click here
- Crews will begin permanent striping as early as Sunday, December 18 and continue through December 23. * They will begin with the southbound lanes and continue to the northbound lanes.
UDOT has performed maintenance on six bridges on I-215 near Knudsen Corner in Cottonwood Heights/Holladay as well as the 700 East bridge over I-215 in Midvale. Construction began mid-August and is expected to continue through early December 2016.*
---Information from: UDOT