UDOT plans to renovate SR-210 (Wasatch Blvd.) from Big Cottonwood to Little Cottonwood Canyon. Construction is scheduled to begin August 8 and continue through November.*
This project will resurface the roadway, add 5-foot bike lanes where there are not existing bike lanes on both sides of SR-210 (Wasatch Blvd.) and reconstruct various pedestrian access ramps. Crews are expected to work Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Project improvements include:
- Removal and replacement of the top 4” of asphalt
- Reconstruction of various pedestrian ramps
- Addition of 5 foot bike lanes where there are not existing bike lanes
- Storm drain improvements
- Installation of curb and gutter at various locations
August 8 – August 12, 2016
- A right turn lane closure will take place on northbound SR-210, turning onto Big Cottonwood Canyon Road. Work associated with this closure will include rock fall protection, installation of storm drain and cast-in-place barrier.
- Shoulder closures will take place from Big Cottonwood Canyon Road moving south in various locations as crews begin to install curb and gutter and pedestrian access ramps.
- Motorists can expect one way flagging from south of Bengal Blvd. to 3500 East/8160 South.
*Construction schedules are subject to change due to utility, material, weather and equipment delays.