Police Non Emergency Dispatch/ After Business Hours
Cottonwood Heights Police Department
2277 E. Bengal Blvd.
Cottonwood Heights, UT 84121
Administration Phone: 801-944-7100
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Excluding Holidays.
To be a leader within Utah Law Enforcement's Community-Oriented Policing and Administrative services.
- The Department, in partnership with the community, proactively protects and serves the community through progressive, comprehensive, courteous and cost-effective law enforcement.
- To accomplish this mission, we are guided by the following principles and core values:
• We believe in dedicated, skillful enforcement of the law, and the delivery of humanitarian services that promote community peace through proactive, solution-oriented policing.
• We strive to maintain a level of professional competence that ensures member safety and the safety of the public. We take every complaint seriously and treat every citizen with appropriate respect and courtesy.
• We base our decisions and actions on ethical as well as practical perspectives, and accept responsibility for the consequences.
• We strive for innovation while remaining prudent in sustaining our fiscal health through wise use of resources. We consider contract services, shared services and consolidation as methods of maximizing the community's tax dollars so long as quality of service is not negatively impacted. We believe in, foster and support TEAMWORK.
• We are committed to the PROBLEM-SOLVING process and let FACTS, not emotions, drive decisions. When making decisions, we are receptive to the INPUT of members and the community.
• We continually strive to develop mutual RESPECT and TRUST among members. We arrange the department based on the behavior of the majority of members and deal with all member problems PROMPTLY and FAIRLY.
• We practice POWER DOWN MANAGEMENT by making decisions at the lowest possible level. We encourage CREATIVITY through RISK-TAKING and tolerate HONEST MISTAKES.
• We focus on the personal safety of our citizens. We view citations as a means to encourage appropriate behavior and not as a method for revenue generation.
• We will use verbal and written warnings where appropriate and formal citations when indicated. We are committed to training in the most up-to-date policing methods and will actively search out and be aware of such methods.
• We do not hold any one statistic as defining the success of an performing his/her duty, but will consider numerous factors in making such judgments. We hold inviolable the constitutional rights of every person.
• Personal honor, dedication to professional ideals, and devotion to duty shall be the ideals of our commitment to public service.
• We accept the role of being ambassadors of local government to the community by interacting proactively with citizens and businesses in non-incident situations, being professional and courteous in dealing with all individuals involved with incidents of any kind,
and rendering service to residents and businesses as needs are recognized.