There are a few different sets of codes and regulations to consider when completing your project. We've laid them out for you to make the process as clear as possible.
The following is a list of the codes (with state amendments) that are currently enforced in the city:
- 2015 International Building Code
- 2015 International Residential Code
- 2015 International Plumbing Code
- 2015 International Mechanical Code
- 2015 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2014 National Electric Code
- 2015 Uniform Code for Abatement of Dangerous Buildings
- 2009 ANSI A117.1 Standard for Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities
- 2015 International Fire Code
- City of Cottonwood Heights Municipal and Development Code
In addition to adopted codes, there are a few design factors to keep in mind when designing your project:
- Seismic Category: D-2
- Snow Load: 30-40 psf
- Wind Speed: 70 mph sustained / 90 mph 3-second gusts; Exposure B or C
- Frost Depth: 30"
- Ground Snow Load: 43-57 psf for drifting
- Elevation: 4500-5100 ft
If you have any questions about the codes and standards we enforce, call us at (801) 944-7060 or visit us at 1265 East Fort Union Boulevard, Suite 250 during regular business hours.