1) Do I Need a Permit?
Download A Building Permit Application
*You can send completed applications to email@example.com
Request a Building Inspection
*Note: A Demolition Permit is not required for interior demolition.
A building permit is required for all construction within the city, excluding the following:
- One-story detached accessory buildings less than 200 square feet that meet setback and height requirements;
- Floor coverings (i.e. carpet, hardwood, tile, etc.) for residential projects;
- Interior wall coverings (wallpaper, paint, paneling, etc.) for residential projects;
- Private fencing that meets city zoning requirements.
2) Plan Submittal Requirements
Plan requirements differ based on the nature of your project. In fact, some projects don’t require plans at all. For specific plan requirements, click the option below that applies to your project:
3) Permit Cost Estimate
The permit fee is based on the cost valuation of construction. Use the calculator below to find the approximate cost of your building permit. Enter your project's valuation to the nearest $1000.
Note that additional fees, such as zoning review fees and impact fees, may apply, based on the city's fee schedule
Payments greater than $2,500 must be made in the form of a check. For payments less than $2,500, the city accepts cash, checks, or credit cards (excluding American Express).
The Building Department is located at 2277 East Bengal Boulevard, and can be reached at (801) 944-7069 during business hours. Building Department services are provided by Sunrise Engineering.